This is how to kick a burger up a notch! 😉
- 1 lb of ground turkey breast
- 4 fresh basil leaves, sliced in thin strips
- The zest of half a lemon
- 4 tablespoons of goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 7 grinds of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons of garlic aioli (If you want to get fancy!)
1. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, basil, lemon zest, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, pepper and olive oil, and combine with your hands or a large wooden spoon.
2. Divide the turkey into four sections in the bowl, and taking one section at a time, make two thin burger patties per one second.
3. Lay one patty on a cutting board and add 1-2 tablespoons of goat cheese to the center, lightly spreading it out.
4. Now lay the top patty over the goat cheese topped patty and press the edges together creating one goat cheese filled burger.
5. Continue with the other 3 burgers.
6. In a sauté pan or grill, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add the burgers. Cook 5 minutes on one side before flipping. DO NOT OVER-COOK. (If using a saute pan, try covering it during the duration of cooking.) Cook on the other side over high heat for 5 minutes or until fully cooked.
7. Make the garlic aioli if it sounds good.–> click on the recipe above
8. Toast the sourdough slices and put it all together!
Why I love this recipe:
It is a quick way to make a burger sophisticated and healthy! Did I mention it is also delicious!? If you’re not a fan of goat cheese, you can always sub feta and make it more Mediterranean! Bon appetite my friends!