“Think what a better world it would be if we all had cookies and milk at about three o’clock every afternoon, and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.” – Barbara Jordan
Yes it is true, a cookie a day takes the blues away… A cookie a day might also leave you begging your skinny jeans for mercy!!!
Regardless of if you are a health-nut (get it?), or consider yourself a liberal on ‘team crunchy’, or a conservative on ‘team smooth’, these GLUTEN FREE, peanut butter cookies are sure to satisfy even the craziest peanut butter fanatic… Trust me, I would know!
The best part about them is how simple they are to make. I typically have all the needed ingredients just lying around the house. The only thing I ask since the recipe calls for 5 INGREDIENTS TOTAL, is to make sure you’re not skimping on quality. Go for a nice, au naturel peanut butter with this one…
*Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies*
Makes about a dozen cookies
- 1 cup natural peanut butter…I like it crunchy! 🙂
- 1/2 cup white sugar + tablespoon to sprinkle on top of the cookies
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon +1 teaspoon to sprinkle on top of the cookies
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees, making sure the rack/s you will be using are in the middle of the oven for even cooking!
2. In a medium bowl, mix the 1 cup of peanut butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon until well combined.
3. Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture about 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets. (I sometimes like to line mine with foil or parchment paper if you have it.
4. Flatten the dough with a fork, making a crisscross (#) pattern on the cookies, by rolling the fork one way over the cookie, and then the other.
5. If you want to be extra fancy, combine 1 tablespoon of white sugar with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a small bowl, and using a small spoon, lightly sprinkle over the uncooked cookies.
6. Bake until golden around edges, about 10 to 12 minutes. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Why I like this recipe:
…Oh let me count the ways! I have two close friends that cannot eat gluten, so dessert time is usually a bummer for them. But with these cookies, they can par-take just like other gluten eaters! (Shout out to Kristen S. and Andrew G…. Heyyyyy!) I also love how easy they are to make, so when a craving strikes, I typically I have everything I need right in my kitchen!
I love enjoying these cookies with a cold glass of vanilla almond milk (for our lactose intolerant buds!) I hope you come to like these cookies as much as I do, and feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions! ~ Cheers~